The Fire That Started It All

On April 14, 1999, 21 years ago today, a fire started in downtown Concordia, KS. Buildings were lost, businesses were lost. It was cold, windy, and sleeting the night the fire started inside Conn’s TV & Appliance, owned by Jim Conn. The local Fire Department paged-out an All Call. Marian Condray, owner of Sara Ann’s Hallmark, was notified by a wife of a Clyde Firefighter that her store was going to burn down. “I hadn’t been working since December because I was in a car accident. I told my husband I needed to go downtown. He wouldn’t let me leave just to watch my store burn to the ground,” Marian recalled. Luckily for the Condray’s, the fire didn’t make it down the block to Sara Ann’s Hallmar

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Contact Us
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon

© 2014 by Broadway Plaza

Proudly created with Wix.com

Management Office

CloudCorp:

606 Washington St.

Concordia, KS 66901

785-243-2010

Site Location

Broadway Plaza:

600 Broadway St.

Concordia, KS 66901

Owner

City of Concordia:

701 Washington St. 

Concordia, KS 66901